Thursday, February 16, 2012

Red Hot Barbeque - Tonight!

Well, no. There will be no red hot barbeque tonight. There will be no barbeque of any kind. If you want barbeque, I have nothing to offer you.

However, there will be an opening at Dacia Gallery, at 53 Stanton Street in Manhattan, from 6-10 p.m., of the group show Reflections, which will include three of my Blue Leah paintings (numbers 1, 3, and 4).

Blue Leah #1, oil on canvas, 24"x36", 2011

I even varnished them. And there's work by plenty of other talented artists as well (spot the hidden assumption). If you're around, why don't you come by?

Let's hypothetically suppose that you can't come by. Let's further stipulate that the reason for that is that you're at home, in Astoria, Oregon. Not to worry! Next Thursday, the annual surprisingly-good juried group figurative show Au Naturel: The Nude in the 21st Century is opening at the Art Center of Clatsop Community College. My painting with the long title is in the show:

The painting known, for convenience's sake, as Self-Portrait as Hockney, oil on canvas, 48"x36", 2011

This is my most recent completed painting of Piera. You may have been asking yourself, "Where's Piera in Maidman's work lately?" That's a good question. It turns out, having a baby takes a whole lot of time, and Piera's been busy. This is a huge bummer, but I guess I can understand. Lorenzo is adorable.

As far as I know, there will be no barbeque served at the Au Naturel opening either. But all you Astoria people, head on down for that on the 23rd anyway. They have all kinds of good paintings.

I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment